Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bald patches


I'm so tired of buying black tights and having them disappoint me. Both pairs of black tights I bought at American Apparel ripped (one pair ripped the first day I wore it!), and this pair from Target that I'm wearing in these photos appear to have bald patches. (And you thought the title of this post was referring to my hair, didn't you?) I just want a pair of solid black tights that have an even tone and don't rip the moment I put them on - is that too much to ask of life?

Other than the tights issue, I loved this outfit. I'm glad I found an excuse to wear my giant fuzzy black hat in a way that doesn't make me look totally insane. (Unless it does, in which case I guess I'm not very self-aware.)


Top: Old Navy
Jacket: MICHAEL Michael Kors from Nordstrom Rack
Skirt: Forever 21 brand, thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Tights: Target
Flats: ShoeMint
Hat and scarf: Fred Meyer
Necklace and earrings: free from my aunts

14 comments:

  1. Great look, I love how much you've remixed that skirt! I have a pair of black tights from assets that I love! They're a little more than tights at target, but they've held up well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat looks awesome, not insane at all! Of course, I'm a hat lover so I might be a little biased on the subject. :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is kind of lame, but the black tights I bought at Wal-Mart recently are pretty thick and haven't ripped yet! I would try them and they are obviously super cheap! I love this outfit too Stacey. The skirt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! That skirt is the perfect pop of color. Re: black tights, the best, most opaque pair I've ever owned are from JC Penney, Worthington brand. They were a gift, so I don't know exactly how much they cost, but they are blacker than the ace of spades, and very very opaque.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my tights look more odd in pictures than in real life sometimes, too.

    I love the flats! Really cute!

    2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got some tights recently from We Love Color, and they're super durable--haven't had a single problem with rips or runs yet, and I'm pretty hard on my tights. While I don't have them in black, all of the colors I do have are pretty darn opaque, only getting a little sheer really high up on my thighs where they're covered up with skirts anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I adore that hat. It's not crazy, it's awesome.

    My best opaque tights are Spanx. They're a bit spendy, but totally worth it as they last for quite awhile. And they're black black. My Hue tights are pretty good but aren't as black as the Spanx. I can also verify that the Assets tights from Target are pretty good - they're made by Spanx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate buying tights. You never know what you are going to get. will they rip the first time on? will they cut off your circulation? If it's cold enough, try a pair of fleece lined tights. Definitely the most opaque ones you can buy.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use We Love Color and Hue opaque tights and haven't had a problem. I think Hue are more comfortable (We Love Color often has a weird seam near the crotch area).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Gracey on the hat...awesome for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To me, they look a bit overstretched. As an experiment, the next time you buy, try the next size up: It will make them a lot more comfortable too. The only time my legs have looked like that, I realised I had accidentally bought medium instead of large. My Vote for great black tights goes to Charnos 60D, with either Charnos 100D or even Gatta 600D polar tights if the weather is really cold.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...