Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Costume party


Yesterday was our second annual costume party! (See last year's photos here.) It was super rainy out, but nearly everyone was willing to go up to the roof and take some photos anyway.

I was Katy Perry (in case the pink hair and cube hat didn't make it obvious)...


Josh was inspired by Arrested Development...


My niece Emily was Kaylee from Firefly (check out the awesome sandals)...


My niece Maggie was a lazy, chain smoking housewife (with "cigarettes" that she made herself out of paper!)...


Okay, I'll be honest, I'm not sure what my sister-in-law Lizzie was supposed to be, but she was adorable...


My sister-in-law Joanna was a character from The Sims (because it was the only thing she could think of to make the night before the party)...


My niece Mary was the Tooth Fairy (check out the tooth earrings)...



And my mother-in-law Molly decided to be sensible and dress as a nurse, and we were all immensely jealous of how comfortable she was by the end of the night...


Josh's dad came wearing his normal clothes, with a post-it note stuck to his shirt that said "crotchety old fart," which eventually fell off onto the floor and was eaten by Onyx. We didn't mind too much - it's hard to be mad at such an adorable dog who likes to fall asleep on top of warm laundry...


8 comments:

  1. haha, everyone looks great! I love the banana, very clever.
    What no costume for Onyx? I'm not dressing up this year, but I'm making chloe be a tootsie roll.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I should have finished Onyx's costume! (He was going to be Batdog.) It was a time management issue - by the time everyone arrived, I was still finishing up my own costume :)

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Looks like it was such a fun time. I love how creative your costume is! I can never pull very detailed looks together for Halloween...no one ever knows who I am! The graphic print skirt was such a unique and awesome idea. You must have a fun family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Great costumes! They are all super fun and creative! You look good with pink hair! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a fun time! great costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone looks awesome, but Josh's dad is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that funny?! I didn't get a photo of him wearing the post-it, because Onyx ate it before I could get to it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...