Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lumberjack lady


What you can't see in the top photo is how rainy and windy it was when we took it - though you can definitely see the effects of the wind in the photo below. It was my own special Marilyn moment, and it was too funny not to include. (Plus, it would have felt weird to have a post with only one photo.)

I felt a bit like a lumberjack in this outfit, with the men's green wool shirt and thick socks, but the pearl necklace (which is hard to see in these photos) and the skirt felt very ladylike. Sometimes I appreciate how deceptive photography can be - in reality, this shirt (which was borrowed from Josh and was several sizes too big for me) made my upper body look fairly burly, but thankfully I don't look too brawny in these pictures.


Green shirt: borrowed from Josh (originally from Costco)
Red plaid circle skirt: vintage, from an antique show
Brown boots: TJ Maxx
Red hat: thrifted from Village Merchants
Pearl necklace: from my mom
Brown belt: thrifted from Goodwill

7 comments:

  1. Super cute skirt and love that last shot. Classic!
    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love that second picture! So cute! I love this look a lot! I love the hat and the boots and that great plaid skirt! You look just lovely in your honey's shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful skirt and ensemble. so glad to have found you, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
    Following and adding you to my blogroll inmediately.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear, you pull off stuff I couldn't even begin to conceive of. And I love it. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this look! I love it! You look feminine, but woodsy, and I love your Marilyn moment :) Your blog is lovely, I followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there is always so much deception in photos!
    but this look is really cute, and i love your Marylin moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit. Such a great Marilyn moment too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...