Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

All dressed up with nowhere to go


On Sunday morning Josh and I got all dressed up to go to church, and arrived at 11 to find that the service had started at 10. So we went to Target instead. There was no sense wasting cute outfits on each other - we had to make sure someone saw how darn fancy and nice we looked :) As you know, I'm not one for calm, neutral outfits, but this just came together so naturally as soon as I got the skirt back from the dry-cleaners. I used to think white and beige outfits were boring, but I loved wearing this because of all the little fun details on the blouse (also worn here) and the jewelry.

I'm sure I've asked this before, but I'm still curious - are you guys are neutral lovers, or do you prefer to wear brights? Or does it really just depend on your mood?






(It almost hit 90 degrees on Sunday!)

Blazer: Old Navy brand, thrifted from The Dig
Blouse: Anthropologie
Skirt: thrifted from William Temple House
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany heels from Macy's
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: vintage, free from my mom
Bracelet: Fred Meyer

9 comments:

  1. I love all the neutrals in this outfit...everything looks perfect together.
    I think for myself I usually like to wear some kind of color in an outfit...but I also like to mix things up a bit too...so some days I'll wear a whole lot of neutrals.

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pencil skirt & ruffle blouse together, but how do you walk in those shoes??? I would be too scared to even try ...
    Kellly xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look as so much pizzazz, it's easy to forget it's all neutrals!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally wear lots of color, but every now and again, I want to wear neutrals. I actually wore a version of your outfit last week, though mine was a bit more casual - beige pencil skirt, white billowy top, white and brown heels, a skinny teal belt, and an octopus necklace. I love your take on it :-).

    http://stilettosinthesuburbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I am kinda dying over this. I. Am. Dead. I love EVERYTHING about this look...it's so classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typically I'm drawn to bright colors as I feel nudes often make me look pale and just plain blah. But I love what you've done with your outfit. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look positively stunning! i secretly think it's really fun to be the most dressed up person in public places like target. hehe. i'm sure this look would have drawn lots of eyes there! in a verrrry good way :) <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacey, those shoes are a killer and I don't mean in a fashion sense. Even with my ability to run hills (such as it is) I would break, not just one, but both of my ankles in those things. Otherwise, that outfit and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...